- The Incoterms® clause DAT (Delivered Terminal) is changed to DPU (Delivered named place unloaded), whereby in the future any (agreed) location can be the destination and not a "terminal".
- Incoterms® 2020 addresses proven market needs for on-board bill of lading and the FCA Incoterms® clause
- Clearer presentation of costs within the regulations
- The Incoterms® 2020 adapt the insurance cover in the clauses CIF and CIP to the current business practice
- The Incoterms® 2020 in FCA, DAP, DPU and DDP take into account the business practice that more and more sellers or buyers organize the transport of the goods by their own means of transport
- The Incoterms® 2020 clauses take into account the growing global safety requirements for the transport of goods and will in future contain clear rules on the distribution of security obligations and the associated costs
- The Incoterms® 2020 clauses adapt the rules to new global trading practices