The company "Lagerhaus Salzburg-Maxglan Ges.m.b.H." was founded on April 28, 1920. Soon, the company was only known under its short name "Lagermax" (from warehouse Maxglan).
A fuel system with a capacity of 40,000 litres was built in 1924. In addition to the successful warehousing and shipping business, fuel trading became the second economic pillar.
Lagermax has been assigned the responsible task for the Salzburg area of storing and distributing the CARE packages coming from the USA to the population.
In 1947, for the first time, it was possible to import cars and tractors from the USA to Austria. In 1950, Lagermax had about 60 employees and 50 workers, with a monthly turnover of about 3,000 tonnes.
In 1956, the company was transformed from a limited liability company into an AG, which united the various operationally separate business units, namely freight forwarding and car transport, under one legal umbrella.
The company made a quantum leap at the beginning of the 1970s, when the then largest car storage area and the most modern de-preservation facility in Austria were built in Straßwalchen.
In 1978, the old warehouse building was supplemented by a spacious and functional warehouse building, which significantly increased domestic, export and transit magazines.
Under the acronym APS (Austria Package System), the first private parcel service in Austria was established in 1988 together with two other forwarding agencies.
In 1990, separate branches were established abroad (Prague / Czech Republic and Budaörs / Hungary) and the business divisions car transport and shipping were outsourced.
Together with another forwarding agency, a service specializing in auto parts logistics was launched in 1991 under the abbreviation AED (Austria Express Service).
Conversion of APS (Austria Package System) to DPD Austria.
Commissioning of the central shipping terminal in Salzburg-Maxglan with a capacity of 17,000 m2 of storage space. Establishment of Lagermax AED GmbH & Co KG.
Lagermax joins the general cargo forwarding business "24 plus logistics network" as shareholder and takes over the territory of Austria in this cooperative network and represents the hub for Eastern Europe.
50 locations in 12 European countries with approx. 2,410 employees in total.
In its largest acquisition till date, the Lagermax Group is taking over the transport company FRIKUS, headquartered in today's Premstätten (then known as Zettling) near Graz. The brand FRIKUS has remained as it is. The Lagermax Group has thus grown to 3,000 employees.
The Lagermax Group, with its business divisions freight forwarding, logistics, vehicle logistics, express and parcel services, is a partner of AUSTRIAN LOGISTICS, the umbrella brand of the Austrian logistics sector.
The Lagermax Group operates a well-developed distribution network from Central Europe to the Black Sea with 55 own branches in 12 European countries. Borders are increasingly disappearing, but local idiosyncrasies remain.
TODAY, TOMORROW, TOGETHER! Under the slogan "100 Years FROM NOW" Lagermax celebrates its 100th anniversary.